Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Antique Ice House


Hello Everyone,

 No new grist mill photos to post, yet! Although a friend sent me a link to a mill north of Greensboro NC. So I was digging around in the old photos I have taken, and came across this picture. It's an old ice house in downtown Spring Hope NC. It's so small, the size of a lawnmower shed, that you would drive by and never notice it. My wife doesn't even know where this is at, even though we have walked by it on a few occasions. I think it must have been a place where they would drop off ice to be picked up by the towns people. I'm just guessing. All ice houses I've ever seen have been huge. I hope to get some more grist mill photos up soon, so keep in touch.
Thanks for looking at my Blog

 Jeff

1 comment:

  1. My Grandfather had one like this in his yard. His business was named Roy Bly Ice and Coal. He had four trucks. First thing in the morning two trucks would go to the ice manufacturer and buy the ice to fill up his small ice house for customers that would drive up. Then all four would go back to the manufacturer and fill up for their delivery routes.

    ReplyDelete