Friday, February 17, 2012

Perrys Mill. Bunn NC

Hello,

 Today my wife and I took a drive to visit Perrys Mill, ouside Bunn NC. This is all that remains of the mill after volunteers rebuilt what was left after the flood from hurricane Floyd took the old mill totally off its foundation, and took it down river. They dragged back what they could find, and built what you see here. I'll have to post an old photo I took just before the hurricane hit. The previous mill is also a rebuild of the original mill that was built in the 1700's! The previous mill was also a favorite spot for weddings and other get togethers. The mill pond is more like a small lake with a boat ramp. I think it still costs $1 a day to go fishing. I don't know if Mr. Perry is still alive, but I will always cherish the conversations we had as he would take me around the mill and tell me of it's history. His face would just glow as he talked about his old family heirloom.

Until next time,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment